Tuesday, November 25, 2008

HOT!!!

Where do I begin to attempt to explain the intensity of the heat in Lome this time of the year. The weather is currently in the dry season and man it is hot. The mornings and evenings are cool (80 degrees F or so) and all the time in between is well over 100 degrees F. Even the water at the pool is consistantly warm... When I walk to work I feel as if I am walking in the misdt of fire sometimes. I start the trek to school with huge smile plastered across my face...7 minutes later that smile is turned upside down and I am suffering from heat stroke. For those of you who now me very well get a hold of this...I sweated through a shirt. I mean dripping wet...like I just stepped out of the shower. Now I know why some people here change clothes two to three times a day (unfortunately I do have this luxuary as I only brought enought clothes for 10 days):-)

No comments: