Thursday, January 1, 2009

Ouidah (Wee-dah) and Beyond

The school has a two week vacation for the holidays and I planned on using this time to travel and obtain some knowledge. My original plans were to travel to Cape Coast, Ghana about 6 hours from where I live on December 26th and stay until December 31st. Well Ghana had other plans…the Togo/ Ghana boarder was closed from the 26th to the 29th for the run-off presidential election (remember this fact as it will come up in a later), so I had to revise my plans. One of the revisions was to take a one day visit to Ouidah, Benin (about a two hour rive). This turned out to be a very interesting trip (all in French of course…I am certain a lot was lost on translation). The other revision to my travel schedule was a two day visit to Cape Coast, Ghana.

No comments: